Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole
1 cup dry rice cooked
2 frozen packages of broccoli florets cooked or 1 large fresh head
2 celery ribs chopped and cooked
1 small onion chopped and cooked
1 large bottle of Cheese Whiz
1 can of cream of mushroom soup undiluted
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Cook the broccoli according to package directions but a minute or two less since you will be baking this rice dish. If you using fresh broccoli I usually steam it a bit crisp, but it all depends on how firm you like your broccoli.
- Saute onion and celery together on medium heat in a little oil or butter until soft. If you don’t want to dirty another pan just throw the celery and onions in with the broccoli.
- In a medium size mixing bowl heat the cheese and the soup together until warm and mixed well.
- In a large casserole dish 9X13 put the rice and vegetables in and stir. Add cheese mixture and stir until well combined.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.